At SERVPRO of El Dorado Hills/Placerville, we understand that any type of exposure to biological and/or chemical contaminants can pose serious health threats and consequences to you and your employees. In a commercial business setting, any type of sewage backup, blood cleanup or even chemical spill can place you and all the occupants of the area at risk. Upon recognizing the situation, your primary focus should be safety.
If you ever have a biohazard, follow these tips to keep you and everyone in your commercial building safe.
What to Do After a Contamination
- Stay out of the affected areas.
- Call emergency service personnel if the situation is life-threatening.
- Treat all bodily fluids as if they are contaminated.
- Turn off the HVAC system to prevent spread
What Not to Do After a Contamination
- Do not use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Do not use electronic household appliances.
- Do not turn on ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
Whether it is blood, fluids, or tissue, our technicians have the tools and equipment to detect every spot, splatter, or shard. Biohazard cleanups are the hardest cleanup sites we face as industry experts, but rest assured when SERVPRO of El Dorado Hills/Placerville has completed the cleaning, your property will be restored to a safe and healthy environment.
Call us for commercial biohazard cleanups, 916-933-3890.