Have A Mold Problem? Tips from SERVPRO of El Dorado Hills/Placerville
So, you finally notice the mold growth in the corner of the wall. You wonder where it is coming from. Water intrusion like a roof leak or a broken water line can lead to mold growth. With as little as 48 hours, mold can quickly become a problem in your home or business causing health effects as well as significant damage to your property. Call SERVPRO of El Dorado Hills/Placerville at the first sign of mold.
Did you know that significant mold growth can occur within 48-72 hours? Within that time frame, the mold may present a greater risk to the children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems. How do I know if there is mold in my property? Mold has a strong, musty odor which may indicate the presence of mold hidden behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans
- Contact SERVPRO of El Dorado Hills/Placerville for mold remediation services
What NOT to Do:
- Do not touch or disturb the mold
- Do not blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth
- Do not attempt to dry the area yourself
- Do not spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold
Have a mold problem? Call SERVPRO of El Dorado Hills/Placerville at 916-933-3890. If you have a mold problem in your home or business, your primary focus should be safety. Clear out the affected space. Our team of technicians have the training, protective gear, and specialized equipment necessary to handle your mold problem.