Holiday Safety Tips
The holiday season is a time for family, friends, and good cheer. Homes around the world decorate their houses, both inside and outside, with Christmas trees, Hanukkah menorahs, and beautiful lights. While this is all wonderful, it is important to keep in mind that all these items present potential fire hazards for your home and should be taken very seriously. SERVPRO of El Dorado Hills/Placerville will be there to handle your fire damage restoration needs this holiday season, should you need us!
Here are some important general safety tips to keep in mind this holiday season:
- Do not leave your holiday cooking unattended while the oven or stove is on
- Purchase a Christmas tree with intact needles, water it daily, and make sure the trunk has a fresh cut
- Keep candles at least a foot away from anything that could catch fire
- Keep matches and lighters away from children
- Carefully inspect light strings for things like cracked wires, frays, or broken sockets
- Do not leave your home while menorah candles are still lit
- Get your chimney inspected before you begin lighting fires
The above tips are crucial, so take all this advice to heart because the last thing you want this holiday season is a house fire. If the home of you or a loved one has suffered fire damage, call on the fire restoration specialists at SERVPRO of El Dorado Hills/Placerville for immediate help!
Keep an eye out for our 12 Days of Holiday Safety Tips, expanding on each topic above in-depth to help keep you and your family safe this holiday season!