Why choose SERVPRO of El Dorado Hills/Placerville for Fire Damage Services?
There are numerous causes of fires in homes and businesses. Depending on what materials burn, this can produce different types of smoke and soot.
Below is a list of the types of smoke and soot and their characteristics:
Wet Smoke – Caused by burning plastics and synthetic materials; Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary.
Dry Smoke – Caused by burning paper and wood; Fast burning, high temperatures, dry, powdery, non-smeary residues.
What to do after a fire:
- Keep hands clean and wear gloves so as not to further soil the upholstery and walls
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas to avoid spreading soot
- If the electricity is off, empty the freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open to avoid odor from rotting food
What NOT to do after a fire:
- Do not attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces or shampoo carpet or upholstery without contacting SERVPRO of El Dorado Hills/Placerville
- Do not attempt to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to fire, heat, or water without consulting an authorized repair service.
- Do not use any canned or packaged food or beverages that may have been stored near the fire, heat or water.
- Do not turn on ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet. The wiring may be damaged.
- Do not send garments to an ordinary dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may result in permanent damage.
Call SERVPRO of El Dorado Hills/Placerville for all your fire damage needs. We service El Dorado Hills, Cameron Park, Diamond Springs, Shingle Springs, and Placerville. Available 24/7 at 916-933-3890.